Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Cannonball!!!!

As I briefly talked about this mascara in a previous post I wanted to dedicate a post to this mascara.  My lashes are lengthy but don't' naturally curl.  I have tried numerous mascaras as well as heating my lash curler & eventually buying a new one.  But having no luck with keeping my lashes curled I'd stopped using mascara all together.  Except for the occasional special events.  When I did my makeup I would simply just curl my lashes or add falsies.  The main reason I'd curl my lashes everyday weren't for the looks it was because my eye doctor told me they scratch the surface of my eye.  That was more of a reason as to why I wanted to find a formula that would hold my curl.  Only recently, several months ago to be exact, did I start giving mascara another go.  

I hadn't found anything & in the beginning of this year I moved to Japan.  This was a great opportunity for me to test out japanese formulas.  The first one I purchased was Fairydrops Volume Burst Mascara.  It was the only one left besides one other tube but it wasn't in black.  Excited, I tested it out twice & immediately stopped using it because I noticed by the next time I took the wand out the mascara clumped around the whole brush.  Not knowing how long the mascara was sitting out on the shelf I stopped using it.  Disappointed I wanted to buy a brand new tube in the Fairydrops Platinum waterproof mascara instead.  Checking several stores around my area I couldn't get a hold of it.  

Summer had started & I was really into waterproof products.  So I had a tube of Urban Decay Cannonball Ultra Waterproof Mascara sent to me.  The first time I used it I was very surprised.  When applying some mascaras my lashes start to loose it's curl after applying a couple coats.  But it locked in the curl & held it there.  Honestly I was completely shocked & believed it was all thanks to the japanese formula that's in this wonderful tube.  I absolutely love everything about this mascara.  The brush is long but the bristles are short making it easy to get mascara on your lashes & not you skin.  And of course it's waterproof!  I'd definitely recommend this to anyone.  Down below are some pictures as well as a comparison next to another mascara as well as the fairydrops :(







Mahalo, MsCookieTea

No comments:

Post a Comment